The Position: Design Director
The Design Director will be at the helm of our design team, leading a bunch of creatives developing enhances user experiences. We are seeking a leader/team member with rounded capabilities designing physical, web, and environmental consumer products and delivering projects with strategic integrity.
The word director in the title, the Design Director, will be boarding the Tenddo ship to give it direction and set it on the right course. To predict and set the tone for the entire design team, the Director should possess expertise and experience in working with the various website development and design programs along with the product user interface.
As a leader and industry professional, the Design Director will also be responsible for establishing and maintaining a high level of quality, creativity, and innovation. The team will look at the Director for guidance.
The Director’s insight, necessary business development experience, and ingenuity will be imperative for deploying successful projects. In addition to integrating the client’s considerations for the project, their methodology for strategizing each project and understanding of usability, interaction, and visual design will be indispensable.
The Design Director, leading a team of other creative professionals, will be setting the benchmarks for overall team performance. They need to be able to guide along with contributing:
- Articulation of goals and objectives
- Setting the overall design team’s vision
- Project ideation
- Art direction
- Management capabilities
- Streamlining the creative process
- Advocating the team’s creativity and design to the client
- Supervision and management of internal resources and personnel
- Hands-on involvement in the design process
- Maintaining refined and effective lines of communication with clients
A leader with aspirations of influencing a team of like-minded and creatively-driven individuals with expertise and overarching capabilities of developing user experiences and consumer products.
In seek of a platform and people that provide you with the platform and opportunity to evolve and grow within your specialties. You are looking for an environment where you can tap into your innovative creativity, expanding beyond the norms of your job description.
While Tenddo provides the platform for to you to launch yourself in the direction of growth, you contribute the following capabilities:
- BFA or BA in a related field. A Graduate degree in Media or Design will be preferred
- 10+ years of design experience (Significant agency/studio experience preferred)
- 5+ years managerial experience
- Business development experience
- Demonstrated strategic and critical think abilities
- Simplifying articulation of complex project and client requirements
- Working knowledge of staple and the latest design applications
- Understanding of relevant technologies supporting digital media and consumer consumption
- Personable, with a keen sense of humor, is a definite bonus!
Tenddo is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation of innovators, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.